Baker/Russell Black Walnut – Heritage Tree
Andrew J. Baker, who arrived in the Oregon Territory in 1843 as part of the Great Migration, planted the black walnut in 1870 next to his house, built in 1852. The house, which still stands at this site, was used as a stage coach stop in the late 1800s. The property was purchased by William S. Russell and is still owned by Russell’s heirs.
Located on private property seven miles west of McMinnville. Tree can be viewed from Oldsville Road.